NY
A 41-year-old female asked about a female:

my 15 yr old daughter's ct scan & ultrasound shows a right complex ovarian cyst, septated 6cm. 1st appt monday seeing gyn dr. what is usually done?

Dr. Cynthia Palabrica
15 y/o: It may be followed by serial ultrasounds. A diagnostic laparoscopy with removal may also be suggested.
Dr. Roger Duvivier
To OR to rule out ca: Unfortunately, the only reliable way to tell if her ovarian tumor is benign or malignant is through exploratory surgery, preferably performed by an experienced gyn oncologist who will be prepared to remove the least if the intraoperative findings are benign and who can adequately "stage" her if a cancer is discovered. Seek a consultation and the care from such a gyn ontologic surgeon and team.