Midlothian, IL

How come they used to tell you to turn your cell phone off at the hospital? why is this no longer than case? even doctors use them now

Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Good observation: I do not know if there was a specific reason and different facilities may have different rules and regulations, but my guess is that it had to do with 2 things: failure to enforce the rule and demand, supported by the fact that the extra noise would not make a difference due to the baseline noise level. For caregivers the need for real time two-way communication may explain it.
Last updated Jun 3, 2015