U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

What is the best doctor or hospital to go to for a rare aggressive cancer- small cell breast cancer with bone metasis? no cases are found in the u.s.

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Simon Kimm
Urology 18 years experience
Many considerations.: Certainly, there are well known centers in the U.S. With great reputations for experienced cancer care. But excellent care can be obtained at many centers across the country, so it is important to weigh other factors as well. Don't forget that proximity to friends and family is important, as is the potential to need consistent followup care. Seek multiple options and find physicians you trust.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen commented
General Surgery 36 years experience
Excellent advice!
Sep 21, 2012
Dr. Michael Murray
Breast Surgery 35 years experience
MD Anderson: Md andersond cancer center in texas is one of the premier cancer hospitals in the world and would be my recommendation with such a rare cancer. I have sent some of my patients there and they have an excellent system to get patients into their system while still communicating with your local doctors.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 9, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.