FL

Hysteroscopy 9/13 biopsy all nrml taking progesterone now have 2cm uterine polyp unlikely cancer or no?

Dr. Douglas Lawson
Polyps: Most endometrial polyps are benign and relatively common around the age of menopause. Might be time to repeat your hysteroscopy, remove the polyp and do an endometrial ablation to prevent recurrences. I prefer novasure for this situation and it is something I commonly see.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Brian Nguyen
Unlikely: all endometrial polyps should be sent to a pathologist for after ascertainment of whether or not there is a cancer in the polyp. This is highly unlikely if you are on progesterone, however the risk of cancer does increase with age. My suggestion would be to have the polyps removed. The procedure is low risk, would be happy to discuss further.
Last updated Jan 5, 2019