Kuwait

If a father is speechless and i married his daughter what is the percentage of having a speechless son in my sons ? thank you

Dr. Clarene Cress
Specializes in Pediatrics
Need more history: I am assuming you are referring to hearing impairment and subsequent lack of speech. Hearing impairment can be caused by gene mutations or inherited, or could be caused by intrauterine infection, such as congenital rubella, or high fever in infancy, such as measles. If genetic, it is usually caused by recessive genes. If it is on the X gene, then 50% of sons are affected, otherwise much lower.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Speechless: What caused dad's speechlessness?. Is it from birth?. Is it related to medical or other factors?. In any case, chances are slim.

Last updated Apr 21, 2015