Murray, UT

What can i do to lower my hba1c and glucose levels? my last blood test over a year ago shower hba1c 5.6 and glucose 83.... i still eat lots of sugar!!

Pathology 45 years experience
What's the concern?: Eating sugar isn't really a factor when blood glucose is being evaluated. Maybe you can get your carbs in some other more wholesome form. Both your HgbA1c and glucose are fine. At age 24, you've got lots more worth your attention than fretting over labs. The key to preventing diabetes long-run -- and a huge help to one's emotions in a cruel world -- is staying aerobically fit. Best wishes.
Pathology 45 years experience
Provided original answer
Thanks for the follow-up. While the ability to get type II diabetes is genetic, it can often be held off or kept at bay by vigorous exercise. I'm glad you're walking, and at your age you can probably do even more -- it would enhance your enjoyment of life and keep you healthy.
Apr 19, 2015

Last updated May 2, 2015