Are these test accurate for insulin resistance? or do i need insulin level test? my hba1c was 30% (4.9) and my fasting blood glucose was 4.4 nmol (79.2). my triglycerides are 60.1mg.dl, ldl is 90.7 and hdl is 47.8. docs are unsure if i have ir pcos?

4 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Richard Romano answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

PCOS is diagnosed with more than blood tests. To answer this question specific to you, which is not available on this forum, you need a doctor's visit. The A1c at 4.9 is low, but this result is affected by your red blood count, so that needs to be considered. The glucose is normal at 79.1 is normal and not consistent with insulin resistance.

Answered Mar 22, 2022

0 views