Hi,I am a 25 year old female with a BMI of 30. I have recently begun exercising after being somewhat sedentary for a few months. The previous 2 times I did high intensity cardio, after 35mins I became very dizzy, saw "stars", felt nausea, light-headed, an

Dr. David Weissman
23 years experience in Internal Medicine
Exercise tolerance: Your body needs to gradually work up toward doing a longer or higher intensity exercise routine. Start by doing no more than "moderate" intensity, for no more than 20 minutes on the first day. Then, GRADUALLY increase it every 2-3 days, by 5 minutes each time, until you reach your ultimate goal. You pushed yourself too hard and too fast, and THAT is why you felt sick afterward.
Answered on Apr 15, 2015
1
1
Dr. Jonathan Shults
23 years experience in Orthopedic Surgery
Get a heart rate monitor. You are probably trying to go too hard too soon. Keep Herat rate maximum of zone 3 for at least 6 weeks when starting your new exercise program
Apr 15, 2015