mi
A 30-year-old female asked about a 6-year-old female:

my 6 year daughter fell on the sidewalk. she has a bruise on her elbow and there is a hard lump along with it, and what appears to me small red dots up the rest of her forearm. i took her to a walk in clinic. the doctor barely looked at her amd just order

Dr. Andrea Rodgers
Emergency Medicine 28 years experience
Moving her arm?: Is she moving her arm? If not she needs to be reevaluated. I can't say for sure without seeing the bumps but they may be abrasions from the fall, just make sure you clean them thoroughly. If she is moving her arm normally I would ice the lump and give her some OTC ibuprophen or tylenol (acetaminophen) for the pain and wait and see if anything changes.

Last updated Jan 16, 2016