IL

I fell 6 days ago landing on my forearm by my elbow. it bruised significantly. now it is a burning pain w/ a lump by the bruise. hand numb at times?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management 18 years experience
Nerve Entrapment: If this doesn't resolve after a few days, consider seeing a sports medicine doctor or physiatrist to see if there is any testing needed to be done regarding that burning pain and hand numbness issue.
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen commented
probably the nerve by the elbow, the ulnar nerve, got a bit injured with the fall. Once the bruising/swelling resolve, the burning/tingle should as well. OTC such as motrin/aleve may help with pain for now.
Jan 4, 2014
Dr. Jefferson Chen
Neurosurgery 35 years experience
Ulnar nerve: There is a nerve right by the elbow-the ulnar nerve that can be injured. The bruise itself may be a hematoma that can cause pressure or irritation of the nerve. That should get better over time. Numbness going into the 4th and 5th fingers would be indicative of injury/irritation of the ulnar nerve. The natural history is that it should get better over a few weeks. If not, see your doctor.
Last updated Jul 27, 2015