Canada

Hi. i have a pinching pain in my upper left side of abdomen. it seems to be coming from just under the ribs. i have diverticulitis and ibs.ibs?

Dr. David Earle
General Surgery 32 years experience
Nonspecific: There is no specific diagnosis to left upper quadrant abdominal pain. Sometimes I have seen muscle spasms here, associated with intermittent pain and a "bulge". This can be confused for a hernia, but the bulge is the firm muscle that's in spasm. You'll have to see your doctor for a more complete evaluation if you need more info. Hope this helps!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 7, 2015