I constantly get strep throat about 3 to four times a year.can removing my tonsils help prevent step throat? what are other things i can do to stop it

Yes and no: The removal of the palatine tonsils can reduce the "intensity" of illness when you get strep in the future, but it does not prevent you from getting it. After the tonsils are removed, there are still tissues and glands in the throat that can become infected, with the same risk of immune mediated complications.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 6, 2016