i went to the dentist yesterday, for a deep cleaning and i'm noticing the skin that hangs on the underside of my tongue are dark red& sore.

2 doctor answers
Dr. Robert Landman
31 years experience Dentistry
Skin: Sorry it is sore. Could be from the procedure , since it was deep cleaning i have to assume there was a lot of debris under the gum and the gum on the inside of the lower teeth is adjacent to that flap of skin..It could be trauma from the suction if one was used. You should inform your dentist as they may want to evaluate it.
Answered on Jan 5, 2019
Dr. Arnold Malerman
52 years experience Orthodontics
Surgery: Deep cleaning is a surgical procedure, which may explain the soreness. The coloration you are describing is probably normal anatomy. Please see your Dentist for reevaluation.
Answered on Aug 1, 2017