Pakistan

I am suffering from depression and anxiety. can you suggest some anti depressant or sleeping aid which is safe to take while breastfeeding?

Dr. Paul Pyles
Addiction Medicine 33 years experience
Talk to your doctor : In general it is not a good idea to take psychotropic medications while breastfeeding. You will have to see your doctor for an assessment. You and your doctor will have to discuss your options based on the severity of your symptoms and the overall risk-benefit ratio. I have recommended non-pharmacologic interventions while breastfeeding such as psychotherapy and relaxation tapes.

Last updated May 31, 2020