Is melatonin (3mg) safe to take while breastfeeding my 7mth old? I have come down with insomnia, and want to know what is safe to aid sleep

Dr. Mary Efremov
42 years experience in Internal Medicine
No good data: Melatonin is from the brains of many dead animals, who really knows their health status or if they were infected with some strange virus? Agriculture is far from hygienic. I would avoid this product. The supplements are not regulated in any significant way.......For purity, country of origin, look up the consumer's reports study on echinacea.........
Answered on Sep 28, 2016
3

Have health concerns or questions and need access to a doctor? HealthTap has you covered.