Tulsa, OK

I'm currently breastfeeding my 9 month old. having trouble sleeping and anxiety. is valerian root safe to take at night? baby doesn't nurse at night.

Dr. Clarene Cress
Specializes in Pediatrics
Not recommended: Herbal products are not regulated and often contain other substances in addition to the herb listed. It is not recommended to be used while breast feeding, but it is not an absolute contraindication. Have you spoke with your doctor about your symptoms? An Rx like hydroxyzine may work well for you and is safe for children.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 29, 2015