IL

what is used calcium and glucose in case of faintness state (with tachycardia, respiratory insufficiency, pallor, poor view and hearing) for?

Dr. Forrest Jones
Specializes in Family Medicine
More info please: Are you referring to tachycardia etc that are symptoms of hypoglycemia, and what role do calcium and glucose have in treating the hypoglycemia?
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Suspected low sugar: in the short term, low blood sugar is more dangerous than high level and so rapidly giving sugar for suspected symptom is a safer bet. I doubt that u had low calcium--as u likely would have experienced muscle spasm etc...but giving u some MAY reduce the risk of cardiac rhythm trouble. I would recommend checking with doc to see why u had trouble breathing...?asthma? Good luck

Last updated Mar 14, 2015