CO

I got a distal radial fracture ~6 weeks ago. dr took my cast off last week. is it normal for thumb to still hurt & wrist to still be visibly swollen?

Dr. Zachary Veres
Wrist fracture: Yes this is totally normal and will go away with time once the swelling goes away completely and your Range of Motion improves. Hope this helps.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Patrick Tyrance jr
Orthopedic Surgery 25 years experience
Yes, this is normal. It is common to undergo a course of therapy to help with swelling, improve range of motion and grip strength. Although your wrist may not need continued immobilization in a cast, additional time is necessary to improve your function and return to your pre-injury level of function.
Feb 26, 2015
Last updated Sep 19, 2016