United Kingdom

I had a fractured scaphoid 3 maybe 4 months ago, i still get pail in the base of my thumb & radial side of my wrist. could there be any complications?

Dr. Cornelius Oleary
Urgent Care 21 years experience
Scaphoid Bone: The scaphoid bone:one of the most frequently fractured bones in the human body. Nonunion is a condition where a fracture fails to heal because of biological or mechanical factors. And, nonunion can be painful. Fractures heal with motion at the fracture site but not well. That is why doctors place casts, and in some cases, need to do surgery with pins or plates and screws. See orthopaedic surgeon
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 47 years experience
Possible.: The bone could have failed to heal properly. You should consult with ortho surgeon or hand surgeon for expert advice.
Last updated Jan 9, 2016