Miami, FL

aftr 2 wks of stopping lexapro 10 cld trky n upping buspar (buspirone) frm 30 to 60 w no s.e or withdrawals now my anxiety n depression is worse. will it get btr?

Dr. Alan Koenigsberg
Hard to know: If you were being treated for anxiety and depression with Lexapro, (escitalopram) and then stopped it, there is an excellent chance the illnesses will relapse and you will experience the symptoms of that. It's just like treating high blood pressure or arthritis or diabetes--if you stop the treatment, symptoms return. Please call you treating physician and discuss this in detail.