NY
A male asked:

on lexapro and buspar (buspirone) for depression weight gain and increased agression my doc won't take me off because my dad thinks its working what should i do?

Dr. Joseph Banken
Specializes in General Practice
Want off medication: I am not sure of your age, so that makes it difficult to answer your question. Having an honest discussion with your doctor is needed, and this is also needed with your dad. The medication may be helping you, and this is likely why there is hesitation for you to come off the medication. So, start with an honest discussion with your dad and your doctor. Consider a slow taper of your medication

Last updated Nov 28, 2017