i began a new medication for my depression/anxiety. i switched from taking aderall and xanax to vyvance and clanazopan. the fluoxetine i'm on has not changed. i began taking these medications last tuesday. how long should i continue taking this before i t

3 doctor answers
Dr. Kathy Robinson
Weeks: Both Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) and clonazepam should be working for you very quickly. If you do not feel that they are working for you in a few weeks then see your doctor for adjustments.
Answered on Feb 10, 2015
1
Dr. Kevin Passer
34 years experience Child Psychiatry
Consider others: So, you are just 21 years old and you need, in my opinion, a regimen that will not be habit forming and addictive. Xanax (alprazolam) and clonazapam are called benzodiazapines and can be habit forming. Adderall and Vyvnase are both Amphetamines and should not be prescribed to someone with a Depressive Disorder as they can make depression worse. I suggest you try to see a Board Certified Psychiatrist. Good luck
Answered on Dec 30, 2015
Dr. William Singer
50 years experience Pediatric Neurology
Soon: The Vyvansewill work on the day you take it. Clonaxepam will have its effect reasonably quickly. You will likely feel an effect on the day you take it.
Answered on Apr 6, 2015