i take wellbutrin and prozac for anxiety/depression, trazadone for sleep, and adderall for focus. i am now exercising regularly and would like to taper off some or all of these. i have found that as long as i exercise, my moods are able to be controlled

2 doctor answers
Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
34 years experience Child Psychiatry
Talk to prescriber : Wellbutrin 1/2 life -the time it take for 1/2 to be out of the body is 33-37 hrs so really the fastest, the prozac is 2-4 d , but has an active metabolite wiht 1/2 life 7-15d so really takes 4-5 weeks to be out of the body . adderall is mostly out of your body the next morning. Trazodone 1/2 life 10-12 hrs so it will take just a few days . Your prescriber can help you identify aweaning schedule
Answered on Dec 4, 2020
Dr. Judith Tellerman
42 years experience Clinical Psychology
MEDICATION: Best to discuss medication with your Psychiatrist. If uncomfortable with your Dr. consult another for a second opinion. Have a physical exam by a Dr. to determine if you have a physical illness. Consult with a Clinical Psychologist for psychotherapy with ZOOM sessions. Fears and anxiety could be heightened due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Stay safe & hopeful to elevate your immune system.
Answered on Dec 15, 2020