NC

How should i tell my doctor that i strongly believe that i need to be prescribed something to help me focus in school and need some form of help soon?

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Just tell Doc: you should just discuss your concerns with your doctor. If your doctor is not comfortable treating you then ask for a referral to a psychiatrist not because you are crazy, but because they are experts in treating these type of conditions.
Dr. Moneil Patel
General Practice 17 years experience
Age & Performance: There are medications to help with concentration, but those are typically reserved for those with diagnoses. You did not include your age which is an important factor in this. Typically it is the parents that present their child with poor performance in school, hyperactivity, difficulty concentrating. Your primary care doc will be able to assess this correctly.

Last updated Jul 29, 2015