Meriden, CT

I need a liver biopsy to rule out cancer. my mother spent too much time on google and is worried that if cancer the biopsy can make it spread. can it?

Dr. Stan Nabrinsky
38 years experience
Ask the doctor: if this primary liver cancer in consideration, better to see the liver surgeon first otherwise, if cancer is in the liver from somewhere else, it had already spread, and biopsy is the way to go
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Andrew Seibert
Gastroenterology 36 years experience
No.: This idea has been around for a long time, but there is no evidence to show any cancer spread from needle biopsies in the liver. Don't delay finding out what's there. Here's hoping for good news for you on your results!
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Get off google!
Feb 5, 2015
Last updated Feb 20, 2015