A member asked:

What do you suggest if my mom has breast cancer and after some biopsy's and an mri thisfind any spreading in the other breast or liver?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Herbert Hoover answered

Specializes in - Select Specialities -

Medical oncologist: If your mother has breast cancer spread to the opposite breast and to the liver, she should be under the care of a qualified medical oncologist and perhaps a surgeon if the disease is limited in the liver. Some patients are candidates for surgical resection of liver spread and possibly a mastectomy on the opposite breast.

Answered 7/27/2014



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor