Algeria

My dad scanner results said prediculaire liver tissue mass extended peri pancreatic cephalic and he needs biopsy what it means is his cancer killer?

Dr. Leila Hashemi
Cancer: Hi, cancer needs to be ruled out for sure, although the report doesn't say anything about what kind of mass. But because it extends to pancreas makes me think the possibility of a malignancy is high. Now the question is where the primary source is and biopsy can give you answer and therefore a prognosis.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Raymond Schneider
48 years experience
I'm not quite sure of your question: But in general it sounds like he has a peduncle related liver mass extending in the pancreatic area and is suggested he have a biopsy. At this point it doesn't mean anything until the pathologist looks at the tissue. This could be a benign growth. It could be an abnormality in the scan as well. The scan does not make the diagnosis. The tissue makes the diagnosis
Dr. Carrie Cannon
Not necessarily: It could be primary liver cancer or from the ducts which has a better prognosis than pancreatic cancer. There are some masses that are not cancer, such as cysts. There are some masses to the liver from metastatic cancers of another area of the body. Let''s wait and see what the biopsy shows before jumping to conclusions. I'm sorry your Dad is ill. Let him know how much you love him. God bless.