hi, my 2 week son is having allergy/hives and paediatrician advised fenistil drops for him. can yo please advise if it is safe for 2 week old baby?tx

2 doctor answers
Dr. Marino Tavarez
Specializes in Family Medicine
I would not: recommended this medicine for this child this young. I know this medicine is available worldwide and used for various allergic conditions in adults and older children.
Answered on Mar 11, 2019
2
2 comments
2
Dr. Duane Gels
Dr. Duane Gels commented
36 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Not safe
Jan 29, 2015
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Not approved in US
Jan 29, 2015
45 years experience Pediatrics
Doubt diagnosis & rx: Two weeks is the expected peak for infants normal baby acne, a reflection of the hormones of pregnancy.It is not apparent when first born, having floated in a moist environment for months. This reflects the transient effect of hormones in pregnancy that fade without treatment in 2-4 weeks. I have never treated "hives" in a 2 wk old in 3+ decades of pediatric practice.
Answered on Apr 21, 2018