my son is 3 years old and is on zyrtec (cetirizine) for seasonal allergy .but he woke up with hives on the side of his face . should i take him back to the doctor?

2 doctor answers
Dr. James Goodpaster
29 years experience Dentistry
Yes: Or at least call the doctor's office with the new development. Your son could have an allergy to the zyrtec (cetirizine) or if could be from the initial seasonal allergies or it might be from any number of things. His doctor needs to make the call on how to proceed.
Answered on Jun 25, 2014
1
Dr. Doanh Nguyen, md, faaaai
14 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Hives: I think it is a good idea to take him in for evaluation to see if it is hives and why it happens.
Answered on Jun 11, 2013