va
A male asked:

Do i need to taper off clonazepam which i have taken prn for anxiety for the last 5 months (not taking every night, just prn) i take .5 when i take it?

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine 50 years experience
Probably not: If you are not taking every night, and do not have problems sleeping the nights you do take it, it is unlikely that you are using enough to have developed physical dependency. I can never understand doctors using a drug that takes almost 2 hours to reach peak levels to help people sleep, but I know it is widely used for that. You are far better off with natural sleep off benzos, which suppress REM

Last updated Jan 16, 2015