Brownsville, TX

had liver failure, drs cannot pinpoint source; developed ascites. how can i improve my liver and kidney function naturally? no meds.

Dr. Tony Ho
Dr. Tony Hoanswered
Infectious Disease 14 years experience
No way.: "natural" supplements are only likely to get toxic more quickly in you, if you already have impaired liver and kidney function. With your organ systems already failing, don't gamble on untested therapies!
Dr. Jack Rubin
Nephrology and Dialysis 48 years experience
Ascites : You need to have a diagnostic and perhaps a therapeutic paracentesis to remove some ascetic fluid to be sent off to the lab to see what is in the fluid. You also need some blood work as well as a 24 hour urine for a creatinine clearance and protein to see what your kidney function is to see if you have proteinuria. You need to see both a GI doc and nephrologist to get aid your problems asap.