Bradenton, FL

Where is a good place to get this in florida or east coast to get endoscopic thyroid surgery dan?

Dr. Alan Feldman
Endocrinology 41 years experience
Why?: There are a number of centers near florida that do endoscopic thyroid surgery, like tulane la, atlanta ga. The only real advantage to this type of thyroid surgery is that you would have a smaller scar in the neck or no scar if done through the axilla (arm pit). However, the procedure usually takes more time, therefore more anesthesia. There is no evidence that complications are less frequent.
Dr. Mark Gujer md fasa
Anesthesiology 26 years experience
I agree. I have yet to convince myself that this is a superior method under any circumstances. Many of the robotic operations are being carefully scrutinized currently. I would wait for more data.
Apr 3, 2013

Last updated Aug 27, 2013