my cd4 count dropped to 465 from 725 at 13 weeks pregnant should i be worried?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Tony Ho
Dr. Tony Ho answered
14 years experience Infectious Disease
Depends: What would be more useful would be to see what your percentage of CD4 is; if the percentage has stayed stable, and you have no other symptoms, then you probably have nothing to worry about.
Answered on Feb 13, 2015
1
Dr. Jaiprakash Thakor Jairam
Specializes in Healthcare Professional
Viral load: I would be more interested in your viral load as this is the best predictor of the effectiveness of your medication.It is not unusual for CD4 to drop during pregnancy or an illness.Keep on taking your medication as prescribed.CD4 will rise and fall.Do your follow -up as usual.Your unborn baby needs you to stop stressing.
Answered on Jan 12, 2019