Clark, NJ

I just had a bone density scan and it said i have osteoporosis in my neck, and osteopenia in my hip. what can i do for this ? i am worried.

Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Cardiology 31 years experience
Medication: Talk with your doctor -- there are medications to slow the progression in the mean time you can take vit d and calcium supplements and do more walking exercise.
Dr. Larry Grissom
Radiology 43 years experience
Not to worry: There are several methods of treatment for osteoporosis and osteopenia. Ask your doctor which are best for you. A balanced diet and regular exercise are things you can do to add benefit to any medical treatment.

Last updated May 8, 2014