Netherlands

is it possible to prevent osteopenia getting any worse and developing into osteoporosis? i heard exercise helps. i am only 56 and had a bone density

Dr. Harold Mandel
General Practice 40 years experience
Prevention: You can make lifestyle changes which may keep Osteopenia from progressing to Osteoporosis. Try to consume a healthy diet, get regular weight bearing exercise, decrease caffeine and alcohol intake, and do not smoke.
Dr. Olakitan Akinjagunla
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Yes: Exercise does help especially weight bearing exercises with an instructor. Good luck
Dr. Rola Rimawi
Supplement : You should take calcium and vitamin D supplements 2-3 times daily. Weight bearing exercises may help protect bones as well.