Both of my earlobes are itching. i had a red rash on my cheek not too long ago. used eczema cream and it went away. thinking it might be this? ideas?

4 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Payam Rafat answered

Specializes in Podiatry

There are many types and causes of skin rashes. Several types of inflammatory conditions of the skin, allergic reactions, and sometimes bacterial, viral or fungal infections can cause rashes on the skin. Insect bites can also be the cause of a rash on the skin. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.

Answered Dec 10, 2013

5.2k views

Dr. Robert Uyeda answered

Specializes in General Surgery

Contact dermatitis to earrings, especially if a topical steroid cream was effective. But cheek rash might be a sign of systemic disorder, such as lupus, so if you have any other symptoms, you should see a doctor. Some serious symptoms might be fatigue, weight loss, joint pains, urinary frequency.

Answered Mar 28, 2013

5.2k views

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan answered

Specializes in Dermatology

If "eczema cream" worked then you can be sure it was nothing serious. You omitted an important detail. WHAT IS THE "ECZEMA CREAM"? Probably the ear itch is the same thing. Again you omit important clue: what is the appearance of the ears? Red? Scaly? Scabby? Nickel allergy is also possible, but this is mostly women with pierced ears, and probably would have beed noticed in the past.

Answered Jul 11, 2016

1.1k views