good day my 5 weeks old baby has rash that turn to reds dry spots on his face, neck and back of his head. i am suspecting is eczema. can you advise me on which ointment or cream i can use to clear his symptoms. thank you?

2 doctor answers
45 years experience Pediatrics
Patience: The baby acne is a common event that reflects hormones transferred during the pregnancy. While the baby is floating in moisture, the skin is will not respond, but within weeks of birth they break out for many weeks before the hormone levels begin to drop ; the acne disappears. Keeping the skin clean ; avoiding irritating soaps helps. Occasional use of a 1/2% hc once daily can calm some lesions.
Answered on Jun 14, 2020
1
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
35 years experience Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology
Infanc rashes: Infant acne is common after birth and may have a duration of weeks as hormonal levels change. Other causes include dry skin, and avoiding over use of bath products is advised. Avoid products with fragrance, avoid shampoo or soap on the face. Please see your pediatrician.
Answered on Feb 17, 2020