Good day my 5 weeks old baby has rash that turn to reds dry spots on his face, neck and back of his head. i am suspecting is eczema. can you advise me on which ointment or cream i can use to clear his symptoms. thank you?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. James Ferguson answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

The baby acne is a common event that reflects hormones transferred during the pregnancy. While the baby is floating in moisture, the skin is will not respond, but within weeks of birth they break out for many weeks before the hormone levels begin to drop ; the acne disappears. Keeping the skin clean ; avoiding irritating soaps helps. Occasional use of a 1/2% hc once daily can calm some lesions.

Answered Jun 14, 2020

102 views