U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old member asked:

Rash on the inner top of my foot. it is red, dry, it itches and hot water hurts so bad. eczema or possibly athletes foot?

3 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Francine Yep
Family Medicine 32 years experience
Yes.: It could be eczema, athlete's foot, or something's irritating your skin. How long has this been going on? What's new?
Dr. Michael Jones
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 23 years experience
Either...: Of these is a good thought. You could try an otc topical anti fungal like clotrimazole. If this doesn't work topical Hydrocortisone may help this type of condition. If not improving or if other symptoms occur it should be evaluated formally.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 29 years experience
If hot water: Hurts - don't put hot water on it. Dermatological conditions are best diagnosed on looking at them. See a dermatologist or podiatrist for further help.
Last updated Dec 4, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.