I twisted my foot 3 days ago, i put ice on it and wrapped with a ace bandage and the swelling went down , but still al little painful when i walk, pro?

Dr. Randy Stevens
General Surgery 24 years experience
Anti-inflammatory: You hurt your ankle 3 days ago and it is somewhat better with rest and ice. Now you are somewhat better and so using it to walk you feel some discomfort. This will get better most likely. Contnue to use anti-inflammatory and rest with it elevated above your heart when not walking. Continue to rest.
Dr. Dwain Rickertsen
Family practice: You probably did sprain your ankle. 3 days is still early. Don't run or exercise on it. If you elect not to get it xrayed take Motrin for a week ice as needed for the swelling. X-ray then if it still bothers you.
Dr. Bradly Shollenberger
Podiatry 36 years experience
Bruising?: If there is bruising or point tenderness, you may still have a broken bone. If the pain persists or worsens, you should see a podiatrist for an exam. I have seen countless patients who walked on an injury for weeks, convinced it would go away. Get it checked if it isn't better in a few more days.
Dr. Nela Cordero
CONTUSION, FOOT: You can put warm compress now and take anti- inflammatory rx like Motrin or Naproxen for pain.
Dr. Oscar Novick
Ankle brace: All of the above, but i would continue the ace bandage or get an ankle brace.

Last updated Jan 2, 2019