why do doctors say that the gallbladder is an useless organ and wont have any effect if removed, but people are experiencing lots of problems after?

Dr. Hector Dourron
Vascular Surgery 27 years experience
Not essential: Gallbladder is useful but not essential to live. There are digestive issues without it.
Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 45 years experience
Not true: Most people never have problems after gallbladder removal. Any post laparoscopic surgery pain resolves after a few days. A minority of patients have colicky pain for a few weeks after gallbladder removal, but even this pain also resolves after a few weeks when the body adjusts. Gallbladder is not really a useless organ, but it is a vestigial organ, much like the appendix.