U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 27-year-old female asked:

Hi onmy pubis area i get lots of lumps that then turn in to puss like a pimple or ingrown hair very painful lots of blood and no hair in there?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Scott Tucker
Plastic Surgery 41 years experience
Could be a problem: You may have a disease call hidradnitis suprativa, that is a chonic infection of skin in the areas of sweat glands. This sometimes can be helped with chronic antibiotics, but sometimes the affected area has to be excised. Check in with a dermatologist to see what they think.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 12, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.