U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Union Beach, NJ
A 51-year-old female asked:

At first i thought it was an ingrown hair or just a pimple from shaving in my public area, but now i have a cluster of puss like bumps.

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Tanya Russo
Pediatrics 27 years experience
Skin infections: Pus filled bumps on the skin are usually the symptom of a skin infection. When they become red, warm to touch and painful it is called cellulitis. Treatment of this includes oral antibiotics and occassionally drainage. See your doctor, because resistant infections are becoming more common and require special treatment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 31, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.