U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Chicago, IL
A 18-year-old female asked:

I know they have coupled counseling, but do they have any family counceling? like father daughter counceling? i am 18 almost 19 years old

2 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Holmberg
A Verified Doctoranswered
23 years experience
Family therapy: Absolutely there is family therapy available. Licensed therapists from several training disciplines (i.e., psychologists, social work, marital/family therapists) offer this type of intervention. Reach out today!
Dr. Stephanie Craig
Clinical Psychology 39 years experience
Yes!: Family therapy can take many forms, and if you find a good therapist who is well-trained and is someone you feel comfortable with, he or she should be able to work with whatever members of a family want help. Father -daughter therapy can be very helpful, but you should talk with the therapist first to make sure what is the best way to begin working with your father on improving the relationship.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Nov 28, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.