CO

what could cause a numbness feeling in my thigh ?

Dr. Brian Flyer
Thigh numbness: Sounds like meralgia paresthetica.

Does the numbness after surgery improve? At what point can you assume any numbness is going to be permanent?

Dr. Charles Metzger
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
6 monts to a year: Without more detail i cannot be sure as i don't know what type of surgery was done, but if you mean numbness around the scar, that recovers slowly over 6 months to a year. Anything after that is probably permanent. If there is a large area of numbess on the far side (distal side) of the incision, it could sometimes need further treatment if the area of numbness is large or debilitating.

Can I have a flu shot in the thigh?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Yes.: It may not be as effective though. The shot is meant to be delivered into muscle, and depending on your fat distribution, the thigh may have a thicker layer of fat that prevents the needle from reaching the muscle.

How do I recover from an mid to upper quad injury?

Dr. Ryan Pflugner
Sports Medicine 15 years experience
RICE: When you strain muscles the best first thing to do is the "rice" principle. Rest, ice, compression, elevation. The next step is to get involved in a recovery program that includes stretching and strengthening that begins slow and progresses as your muscle heals. If things don't get better after 4-6 weeks then i would suggest getting evaluated by a physician.

What could red streaks down my leg be caused by?

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery 32 years experience
Possible cellulitis: Red streaks running down the leg can often be a sign of infection or cellulitis in the region. You should have this condition checked by your primary care provider. If you have a fever and/or chills and feel constitutionally ill, you should be seen urgently to begin treatment

How is a dislocated kneecap treated?

Dr. Rhett Griggs
Hand Surgery 19 years experience
Relocation: Pt and possible surgery.

Last updated Mar 3, 2018