Dayton, OH

i had bladder cancer 10 yrs ago. simple cyst in left kidney was 3mm, now 8mm and read as complex. what is the probability of malignancy?

Dr. Jason Kline
Nephrology and Dialysis 19 years experience
Possible.: Difficult to give you probability statistics in this setting, but any complex cyst requires close monitoring. With your history of bladder cancer, though, i encourage you to follow up with your urologist for his/her opinion. Malignancy unfortunately is not out of the question, but would be much easier to manage sooner rather than waiting until later. Best of luck to you.
Pathology 44 years experience
Very good answer. Keep a close eye on that complex cyst
Feb 27, 2013
Dr. Richard Sarle
Urology 22 years experience
Renal cyst: Need to know bozniak classification of your cyst; 1 is simple 2-5 are complex, 3-5 are higher cancer risk and need removal. Grade 2 need regular monitoring.