Can i drink and/or smoke marijuana while on effexor (venlafaxine)? I switched from 200mg Zoloft to 75mg Effexor (venlafaxine) just yesterday for anxiety cuz Zoloft wasnt working

Dr. Randy Baker
39 years experience in Holistic Medicine
Not wise to combine: Effexor (venlafaxine) affects levels of neurotransmitters in our brain & caution should be taken when combining it with any other chemicals that affect our minds. I wasn't able to find specific info on marijuana & Effexor (venlafaxine) but found this info on how it interacts with Marinol (synthetic thc) & alcohol:http://www.Drugs.Com/drug-interactions/effexor-with-marinol-2296-1524-943-511.Html ps it's wise to ask your doc.
Answered on Jan 24, 2019
2