U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old male asked:

I sometimes have pain in my chest and back my ekg is normal bp 120/90 but my blood test reveal high cholesterol ldl and trigli.. my causes my pain..

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Charles Glueck
Clinical Lipidology 58 years experience
Coronary artery dis: Get the high lipids treated. Ask your doctor to measure hscrp in your blood, and also get your doctor to check a coronary calcification score. This will determine if the pain is probably cardiac in nature. Further tests might include a ct angiogram of the heart. Cj glueck md.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 29, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.