Canada

The skin on the bottom of my 9 yr old sons big toe just bubbled up and pealed off. would that be athletes foot? he plays hockey. what treatment 4 him?

Dr. Ernest Isaacson
Podiatry 22 years experience
Very possibly: Keep the area dry and use an over the counter antifungal. Also disinfect the skates with some spray and use an antifungal powder. If no improvement see your podiatrist or pediatrician.
Dr. Marsha Davis
A type of eczema is often confused with athletes foot so watch it carefully !
Feb 17, 2013
Dr. Mak Yousefpour
DM Care, Wound Care, Surgeries 19 years experience
Friction blister: If there is a single lesion that bubbled up and peels, to me it sounds like friction blister, especially being actively involved in hockey. I recommend well fitting hockey skates, so when he comes to a stop and change of direction there is not friction. Also prior to his skating, make sure there is powder, (athletes foot) sprinkled in his skates. See podiatrist for a correct diagnosis.

Last updated Oct 4, 2016