Gardena, CA

how long before i can walk if i broke my lower tibia and have a hairline fracture about an inch above?

Dr. Michael Patney
Orthopedic Surgery 33 years experience
Depends: We usually monitor the breaks by x-ray watching for bone healing and alignment . Once enough healing is present you can gradually increase the weight on the leg. If you had surgery then that will likely be faster.
Dr. Narmo Ortiz
Podiatry 27 years experience
Lower tibia fracture: Follow your doctor's instructions as to when you can start weight bearing. If you have not done so, please consult a podiatrist or foot and ankle orthopedic surgeon for treatment.