Afirma thyroid fna analysis molecular analysis by veracyte-papillary cancer. is it any good. i am australian, guess costs for me would be too much?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Geriatrics 40 years experience
Is cancer: Papillary thyroid. Carinoma is one of the most common in the thyroid in general with good prognosis. Most likely removal of almost all the thyroid(subtotal) is necessary if the cancer is in early stages. Consult with your oncologist for recommendations.
Dr. Chakshu Gupta
Pathology 23 years experience
Not necessary: Fna is an excellent tool for diagnosis of thyroid papillaey carcinoma. Treatment of both positive or suspicious fnas is still surgery. Even if the fna is inconclusive surgery may be needed for cosmetic reasons and definitive diagnosis. I do not use nor recommend this test in my practice at this time.

Last updated Sep 3, 2017